The GoHawk came together as our first project through the right combination of need, market, abilities, and good old-fashioned bootstrapping. While popular among pro-level aerial photographers, mouth switches still hadn't reached the action sports cam market due to a lack of compatibility. In addition to the remote shutter button input, we added a remote LED for in-helmet indication, and an auxiliary power input for those times when you don't feel like swapping batteries all day long. We tested multiple rounds of firmware, eventually arriving with a product that we felt met the needs of our users. We built prototypes on home built 3d printers, and built LED cables from spare parts. With functional prototypes in hand, we began showing off what we had at the dropzone, getting additional feedback from our users.